Friday, April 12, 2013

Worm Collecting

It rained all day long yesterday...and it rained the day before that too. Plus it was cold out. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck!

So I tried my hardest to put on my "fun mom" hat and came up with the idea to go on a worm collecting mission!

And by some miracle the kids and I were ready to go (to meet daddy at school) an entire 15 minutes early! So I pulled out shovels and a bucket and sent my rain gear clad children out the door...

Fun. Cute. Right?

It was all fun and games until Isaiah decided he was going to direct Charlotte and I in worm collecting and not actually do any of the collecting! Let's just say this mom didn't take so kindly to that idea. Did I mention it was cold and rainy and Hannah was crying in the van...

Fast forward 10 minutes. I tell Isaiah it is time to go and NO I will not pick up that worm for you (but thanks for asking again!). He forcefully tells me he is not done and we are not leaving.

And that is where I found the end of my rope...so to speak:) I hate to admit it, but I yelled back. I yelled that in this family we do not speak to each other like that. And it is not okay to be rude and disrespectful to your mother. Um. Hypocrite much? Even as I was saying the words I knew my approach was all wrong. And yet I couldn't seem to find my way back to my rope!

Ugh. This parenting stuff is tough. Why can't worm collecting just be fun and cute like the pictures? Why does it have to be WORK? The disciplining and training of children is not for the faint of heart.

And so today I start again fresh with my son's forgiveness.













2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine worms right now!! Maybe we will get to see some while we are there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will save a few for you guys to see/play with:)

      Delete