Monday, April 29, 2013

A Day in Our Life, volume 2

So here it is.  The second edition of 'A Day in our Life'.  This day was selected because it was exactly 3 months after the first round:) Yep, this is now a quarterly event in our house. 

A little background information: this day, Tuesday April 23 was the day my mom, my sister, my sister-in-law and four nieces and nephews (ages 1-3) arrived at our house after traveling 700+ miles all together in one van.  It was a little chaotic to say the least:)

12:07 am - They finally ARRIVED!
12:13 am - Snuggling some of my favorite little people
while their moms unpack the van.

1:24 am - Finally crawling into bed with these two:)
The traveling kids wanted play time before bed.

8:02 am - GOOD MORNING!
Thankfully the kids woke Grandma up first:)
And served breakfast.
8:20 am - Receive my first communication from Joe while
 trying to get myself ready for the day. Good info.

8:32 am - Isaiah is clearly thrilled to go to morning kindergarten
(not his usual schedule)!
8:43 am - Dropped off Isaiah. Now time to drop off library materials.
9:07 am - Big girl playing...waiting patiently to be fed.

9:20 am - Everyone is awake! Let the games begin...
10:19 am - Naomi enjoying 'breakfast' in the basement while the children play

10:21 am - Meanwhile upstairs...
10:33 am - Diaper washing time

10:39 am - Gathering the kids to go pick up Isaiah from school...
it was like herding cats or how I imagine gathering cats would be:)

10:57 am - Locked & loaded!

11:01 am - And we are off.
11:32 am - We made it BEFORE the dismissal bell
but NOT before the rain.  Oops.

11:33 am - My kindergartner with a little extra bounce in his step.

And that is plenty for one day.  Too be continued...

6 comments:

  1. You can't leave us hanging like this. Your readers want more! Or maybe I was just so tired I don't remember what else we did?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh...I don't have the next installment ready to go! Hopefully the girls take a good nap:)
      I will give you a hint...couches.

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah...couches and basement.

      Delete
    3. Oh yes the basement...how could I forget about the basement!

      Delete
    4. Sorry! We have been to busy playing outside (and doing the never ending laundry). I will try today..

      Delete