Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Liar Liar...

pants on fire!

That would be me. Unintentionally of course:) For the past 8 months I have been telling {practically} everyone that having 3 kids isn't really that different than having 2 kids. Then Joe and Charlotte left for the weekend (for a wedding). And I realized that I am a BIG FAT LIAR! Having 2 kids is WAY easier than 3 kids...especially when one of those kids is non verbal and non mobile!


Parenting 2 kids was a piece of cake! We went to the park, we did crafts, we ate big hearty homemade meals, we went to Home Depot's kid workshop and a birthday party...oh and we grocery shopped and went up and down every aisle leisurely! We also played, played, read books and played some more! It was glorious.

 
The kids even went to bed EARLY. And that is where the glorious-ness ended. I had big plans of staying up and crafting. Crossing things off my never ending sewing to do list without interruptions. Umm. That never happened! Instead I curled up in the fetal position under my covers and hid and DID NOT sleep for hours! Never did I muster up the courage to venture to my sewing corner in the basement. Surely the bad guys were waiting for me there...or lurking outside my window!

In the end I slept on Isaiah's bottom bunk armed with my phone. And by "slept" I mean I tossed and turned and woke from every little noise our house made. And let me tell you...this is a noisy house! And I was never so excited for the sun to rise and the day to begin. Because clearly the bad guys leave at dawn:)

Moral(s) of the story:
1. Don't believe the lie that 3 kids is the same as 2! 3 is more work (but I still love it).
2. I will never survive Joe's residency years in a ranch style house. I need to be at least 1 level above the bad guys!
3. Sleeping on your son's bottom bunk makes you a COOL MOM (and keeps you safe). Win-Win!







2 comments:

  1. Uh oh....I trusted you in this area. Now I don't know what to do?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...I am sorry. I didn't intend to lie...

      Delete