Monday, July 1, 2013

From Boards to Wards

This past Friday was Joe's second white coat ceremony. Two white coat ceremonies, strange right?!? A bit redundant in my opinion. But since we missed the first ceremony it was nice for us...except I missed this one too:( I had a little thing called 'being a bridesmaid' to do. (Which I loved doing - I was honored to be your bridesmaid Em. Just a tad bit sad to miss Joe's ceremony again!)

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. My husband is now officially a 3rd year medical student!!!! Or 'half a doctor' according to him. 


The white coat looks good on him. So official!  Today is his first day of rotations. He is starting with internal medicine for 6 weeks, then general surgery. According to his text earlier it is going well. I wouldn't expect anything less from him. This guy excels at everything he does.


Update: I have been corrected. It is 8 weeks NOT 6 weeks! Oops. I really need to pay better attention. Lastly, my husband texted me this picture.  He wasn't too pleased to see it on the blog. I think the number of picture texts I receive from him is about to drop drastically...from a couple....to none:(

2 comments:

  1. Yay Joe!! We are proud of you!

    P.S. Isaac just told me that he was going to be a doctor with Uncle Joe. And then he said that he was going to be a dentist and Uncle Joe was going to be a doctor. Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't dentist considered doctors too?

      And thank you. We are proud of him too. Plus he is really enjoying being in the hospital setting. Much more exciting than lectures!

      Delete