Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Mantras

A "friend" on Facebook asked for encouraging quotes. Something to help her get through the long difficult days. And boy did she get quite the response! I liked so many of them that I decided to share them. Mostly I am recording them so I can read and re-read them when I need encouragement on my long and difficult days! Because well I have those days...once in a while:)


The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.

The struggle is part of the story.


Expectation is the root of all disappointment.

Let go and let God!


Today, we will live in the moment, unless its unpleasant, then me will eat a cookie. -The Cookie Monster

Life ain't a track meet, it's a marathon.


Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.


It doesn't matter whether the glass is half full or half empty. Be grateful you have a glass, and there is something in it. 

Do what you can, with what you have, and where you are. -Theodore Roosevelt 


Fake it til you make it!

Comparison is the the thief of joy. -Theodore Roosevelt


Expect the worst and you'll always be pleasantly surprised!


And my personal favorite mantra that I repeat to myself a lot...

This too shall pass!


But looking at all these pictures of my smiling cute kids makes me wonder "Why would I want this to pass?" And then I get hit smack in the face with a big dose of poopy-diaper-whiny-kids-never-ending-bickering dose of reality and I remember exactly why I want it to pass! Then I start counting down the seemingly endless hours until their father returns home and I can relax a little bit and enjoy this moment and not just wish it away! 

3 comments:

  1. That was encouraging, but I think I will need to read these once a week at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I think the one about peace is my favorite one.

    ReplyDelete