Friday, July 26, 2013

A little conversation


This morning Charlotte was lying on the floor when her sister crawled up to her and pulled not one but TWO handfuls of hair from her head.

Understandably the girl was instantly a puddle of tears. That hurts! Between tears she declared, "I don't like BABIES!" I don't like hair pulling babies either sweet girl:(

After hugging and comforting her, I placed Charlotte on the couch out of her sister's reach. I did my best to explain to her that Hannah wasn't trying to be mean. It was an accident. She is just a baby and we need to teach her how to be gentle. Charlotte seemed receptive. 

I then gave Charlotte a small dish of trail mix with the instructions to keep it away from her baby sister. 

C: Why mama? Why can't Hannah have it mama?
Me: Because she could choke.
C: Why mama?
Me: Because the pieces are too small for babies to eat. 
C: She could choke mama?
Me: Yes Charlotte. 
C: Choke and die, mama???

I promptly moved Hannah far, far away from her snacking sister!


4 comments:

  1. I love your posts, and you always make me laugh, but this one really made me lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once your kids really start talking they too will drop gems like these...mark my word!

      Delete