Friday, August 30, 2013

Conversations.

Hannah likes to shriek. I mean ear piercing, make you deaf and drive you bonkers SHRIEK. Most of the time it is when she wants/needs things. I would bet 90% of her shrieking occurs when she is in her high chair and either A) wants more/different food or B) is done. As you can imagine, it is NOT an endearing behavior. We have tried to stop her shrieking. And it has decreased significantly but since she is non-verbal it really is her best, most effective form of communication. Unfortunately. If I fed her fruit and cheese all day long I think the shrieking would cease. But since that isn't going to happen I have been trying to teach her actual words and one signed word....MORE. 

And EUREKA! It finally worked. Read below. Start at the picture of Hannah signing "more"...

Oh he makes me laugh. Such a dreamer I married. I will take what I can get. And an occasional sign for "more" instead of a shriek is a definite WIN in my book. 


Out of the blue Charlotte told me, "I want to stay with my other parents. They want to play with me. I don't know why. So WEIRD!  Sooooo...goodbye!" And off she went. 

Weird indeed. Maybe her other parents will get her dressed too! Wouldn't that be lovely?

Unfortunately she returned a minute later to inform me, "My other parents aren't home. They are at the hospital getting the sickness out!" Hmmm. Sounds familiar. I think, my dear, you mean your other PARENT. Because YES he is at the hospital. Getting sickness out?! Not sure about that. But he did hold a retractor or two while the surgeon took out part of a colon. So that's something:) Close. The colon was probably sick...

And since I don't have a picture of our actual doctor-to-be this little doctor in training will have to do instead...



No comments:

Post a Comment