Monday, August 26, 2013

Ready. Set. Go.

I washed a few dishes this morning. Then Charlotte wanted to help. So I let her take over while I swept the dining room floor. Hannah was snacking at the time and appeared to making a mess quicker than I could clean up. When I checked in on Charlotte I discovered that she had unwashed all the dishes I had just washed...effectively unhelping me! I really wasn't too surprised by this outcome. I am hardly a rookie toddler mom anymore:)

It was at that moment I decided to throw the beans in with the tortellini to cook. Would it work? I didn't know. But it was a chance I was willing to take if it meant one less dish to wash. I live on the wild side, don't I?

The beans. Before their cooking experiment. 

Today Joe starts his surgery rotation. And though he and the kids are all still a little under the weather, we are feeling refreshed and ready to go. Bring it on surgery! BRING.IT.ON!! 


Or don't. That would fine too:) An easy rotation with lots of built in study time and weekends off. That would be lovely too. I mean its not like my husband wants to become a surgeon. 

Either way we are ready. Our dishes may not be washed. And our floors are certainly not clean. But mentally we are READY! Let's do this thing. 


Oh and for those inquisitive minds, cooking beans and tortellini together totally works! Winning already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment