Thursday, October 31, 2013

A HAPPY Halloween indeed!

See this?




It really happened today at 4 o'clock in the afternoon! Of course the kids were excited about the Trick or Treating and all the CANDY. But I was excited because their daddy was home to take them Trick or Treating!!! It was like a dream. 

Here's the deal. He is on his 4 week neurology rotation. And WE love it. Why? Sadly not because he is learning so much and dreaming of becoming a neurologist. Nope. Simply because the hours are amazing! 10-3 Monday - Friday. What could get better than that? Oh how about getting off at noon on Friday? Yep that happened too. 

What's my point? I don't really have one except I wanted to record this. So in the future when my husband is gone for unbearably long hours...days even...I can remember that it isn't always like that. So I can remember that sometimes it is good. Really, really good. So good in fact that I get to sleep in every day until 8:30!! And daddy is home in time to play with the kids during the dreaded witching hour before dinner. And we sit and watch TV together in the evening after the kids are in bed. Downton Abbey addicts here:) It has been years since we have watched a program together on a regular basis. It is so nice and normal. I like normal. 

When the next awful rotation hits I will look back at this and smile. 


This little goober and I may have eaten more candy than we handed out. Maybe:) We definitely pilfered all the Reese's Pieces. My favorite! Note to self: next year buy candy you don't like. Much easier to resist!


[Just to clarify, the neurologist Joe is training with has much longer hours than 10-3 but he doesn't require his students to stay all day. At first Joe and I were thinking he should be the go-getter student and offer to stay longer. Then we laughed at our foolish selves and accepted this rotation for the gift that it is!]


No comments:

Post a Comment