Friday, November 21, 2014

Baby Mullet 2.0

Hannah's hair has been driving me bonkers lately! Don't get me wrong I love, love, LOVE the fact that she has hair (considering her big sister was bald FOREVER). But it's just at this terribly awkward stage. And I so badly want to get it cut. But then I remember I am poor and cheap so I just ignore it for one more day. I pretend the baby mullet is adorable. And I tell myself those are just baby curls NOT a rat tail growing on the back of my baby's head...
Clearly I am delusional! And today was the day I woke up and realized it. Today was the day I gave Hannah her first haircut....because while I am no longer delusional I am still poor and cheap. Too cheap for the salon when I own scissors:)


I had grand plans of REALLY cutting her hair. As in giving her a "bob". I even pulled out the hair cutting cape! So official. Hannah definitely felt special wearing it. And then I chickened out. I mean those are my baby's first curls...how could I just chop them all off?!?


I couldn't. So she got a trim instead. 


Seriously mom? I can't even tell you cut anything!


I know. I know. It looks almost exactly the same. But it was still a BIG moment in my life. And here is the proof that I really did cut some hair off...


And that concludes what I assumed was the least monumental hair cutting post ever written. But then I remembered this post I wrote about the original baby mullet. Basically the same story two years later (except this time there were no treats doled out for cooperation). Apparently my life is very redundant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment