Thursday, February 7, 2013

Baby Mullet

I gave Charlotte her first haircut over the weekend. Wait I need to start at the beginning…

Charlotte @ 18 months


Yep a baldy! It seemed like it took F-O-R-E-V-E-R for this girl to grow hair. Until this happened…

A baby mullet. Unfortunately she isn’t a baby:) She is two and half years old.  So while I think it is BEAUTIFUL, the rational not-mommy-me can also see why it is less than glamorous.
I contemplated cutting it for months. Then I did the most reasonable thing. I consulted FB. I posted this picture (sorry it isn’t here…scroll down to see the picture…it is the before picture) and asked for advice.
Mostly I wanted a little {virtual} hand holding and coddling to push me from thinking-about-cutting to actually-cutting-the-mullet:). Which I received. Thank you fellow FB mommies and friends. Although my favorite (not hand holding-esque) comment came from a single friend of mine, “CUT THE MULLET!”
So I made the cut…


And really it was just a little trim to make it even/straight…

In fact the cut was so unnoticeable, so unexciting I didn’t post the after picture on FB. I didn’t want to face the ridicule:)

Not exactly the cute “bob” I was imagining.  But an improvement nonetheless. I think  from now on we will try hair clips or pig tails…

Because she received a treat for her hair cutting cooperation, Isaiah wanted a hair cut too. He didn’t need one so I just trimmed it up a bit. My husband thinks he looks like Jim Carrey from Dumb & Dumber. I have no idea what he is talking about:)
Isaiah has no complaints. In fact he suggested I go work in “one of those hair cutting places”.

No comments:

Post a Comment