Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It is moments like these that I am very thankful that we live in a small house with a teeny tiny kitchen. 


Because the mess the girls can make is minimal. Two cupboards worth. That's it. [This picture truly captures 90% of the kitchen floor.] So while the mess making bought me 15 minutes of cooking in {relative} peace and quiet, it only took me 60 seconds to put away. Totally worth it!

That wasn't my only victory today. No. My biggest victory was finally washing enough dishes to empty one side of the sink so that I could dump a soggy bowl of cereal down the garbage disposal. Charlotte ditched the partially eaten bowl at 7:30 this morning. At 5:30 tonight I cleared it of its contents. A mere 10 hours later! I know I set the bar pretty high around here. Suzy homemaker of the year!

And now I am ditching the dinner clean up in order to spend a few minutes around the fire in the backyard with these fine folks. 


Dirty dishes will keep, little kids and babies will not. Amiright?!?

3 comments:

  1. Washing windows is another task that makes me thankful for a small house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh windows are supposed to be washed?! I am kidding! You should start your kids on that chore...my kids love it and sometimes they even do a decent job:)

      Delete
    2. Not a bad idea. This morning when the sun was shining in I noticed what a horrible job I did.

      Delete