Friday, May 24, 2013

A decade.



10 years. Wow! I can't believe we have been married for an entire decade. That flew by. A lot can happen in a decade...

A honeymoon.
A year in the Dominican Republic.
Return to the USA.
Get a puppy.
Move to Moorhead.
Graduate from college (both of us).
Have a baby!
Get a first "real" job (him).
Buy an ugly house.
Move to Wisconsin.
Go to graduate school (me).
Give back puppy. 
Have a baby!
Quit work and stay home with kids (him).
Get a real jobs #1 and #2 (me).
Sell a beautiful renovated house.
Move to Illinois.
Start medical school (him).
Have a baby!

This life of ours has been quite an adventure. And this list really doesn't do it justice:) I am so glad I get to do it all with you by my side Joseph! I love you...more today than I did on our wedding day (which I didn't think was possible then). God knew what he was doing when he put us together. 



Look at us. We were just a couple of kids! Sorry for the low quality picture. This was a pre-digital photo.  Funny thing.  Our photographer offered to take digital pictures.  And we declined.  Digital whats that?!  Even funnier.  Our friend made us a video slide show for our reception.  She offered to have it burned on a DVD.  We declined.  Yep it is on VHS:)  Come to think of it so is our video of our wedding ceremony! Might be time to dust those off for a viewing...


*Charlotte just looked at this picture of me and asked, "Is that you mommy? Because it looks like me. A princess."

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a very productive 10 years. I love Charlottes comment about the picture of you. My kids also think girls in dresses are Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And she sure does like her dresses:)

      Delete