Thursday, May 15, 2014

PSA #2

This is my second public service announcement. Hopefully it will be more helpful than my first one. (Probably not.) I am assuming most intelligent adults already know how to properly attach a camera strap to their camera. However just in case I can help someone I will continue with this PSA...

My Mother's Day gifts this year weren't a complete flop. BECAUSE I had the foresight (the dumb luck?) to order myself a little something. A little one-size-fits-all something. A new camera strap. To go along with my fun new camera and camera bag!


Isn't it a beauty? I think so too.

However it's beauty (while undeniable) isn't my main point today. Take a closer look at the strap. Specifically near the attachment points to the camera. 


See how the one on the left is all neat and tidy and tucked in? While the one on the right is a floppy, dangling mess. The mess is how I used to attach my camera strap to my camera. While ugly it was functional so I never thought to try anything different. That was until my new strap arrived WITH installation instructions. Instructions I nearly threw away because surely I knew how to "install" a camera strap! But that last illustration (#4) piqued my interest and I had to give it a try.


And I am so glad I did because it works! And it has revolutionized my world. Okay that might be a bit of an exaggeration, but I am really happy with how neat and tidy my strap looks now. Plus it doesn't poke me in the face while trying to take pictures. So that's a bonus:)
 
So there you have it. The neat and tidy method for attaching a camera strap to a camera. You are welcome.
 
clearly this picture was taken BEFORE I discovered the correct installation method
 

No comments:

Post a Comment