Saturday, April 26, 2014

Finally.

I finally, finally survived a ladies night out WITHOUT getting sick! No headache. No puking. No yuckiness at all. Granted this evening was much calmer than the previous two but still it's a HUGE victory for me! (The previous experiences can be found HERE and HERE.)


We took the train into the city, grabbed some dinner (my first time eating Thai food - yum!) and then we saw SELAH in concert. 


They were AMAZING! If you like worship music, especially hymns - which I do - I would highly recommend seeing them in concert. They made me laugh. They made me cry. But most of all they made me (want to) worship God. 

What I almost didn't survive was six hours of sorting and packing Legos with Joe and Isaiah today. SIX consecutive HOURS! To organize and pack Legos. How are we ever going to get this entire house packed and moved?!? At this rate we won't.

 
But looking on the bright side trying to pick out an outfit for my big night out resulted in me pulling almost everything out of my closet and dresser...


Which I realize sounds (and looks) like a big mess and not a good thing. But that mess motivated me to purge and pack clothes for the move. For the first time ever I made myself stick to the "pitch it if you haven't worn it in the last 12 months" rule. Well mostly. Kinda. Sorta. I mean there were at least half a dozen shirts in the giveaway pile:) Probably should have been more. Definitely should have been more.


 
BONUS: My concert attire options. (Because how could I not share this amazing collage I created while all three of my children were running around screaming like wild animals creating chaos?!)


After consulting a thousand of my closest internet friends and my six year old son, I decided on "B" with the necklace from "A". Comfy, but fun. And as some kind ladies said "a little edgy". Ha! Not sure about that but I felt sassy:) And weather appropriate!

No comments:

Post a Comment