Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring Break!

The kids and I busted out on our own for the week! We escaped our cold and gloomy spring...for the cold, gloomy and snowy spring in Minnesota! The forecasts is predicting 2-4 inches of snow over the next 2 days. Ha. So much for a sunny spring break.


But we couldn't care less about the less than ideal weather because we are hanging out with our best friends all week!! Weather be darned, we are having FUN. These people graciously opened their home to us with very little notice for an entire week. Those are some good friends.

And since our grand arrival* on Monday evening we have been having a great time. Celebrating Easter (a tad early), eating like kings and queens, crafting, chatting, playing, playing and more playing. Plus trying to get a little sleep too (but there is just isn't enough time in the day for that). Spending time with these people, my people, feels so right. They know me and love me (and my sometimes ornery children). The kids are having a blast, but I think I am the one benefiting the most from this break from our regular life. I mean I am still feeding, bathing, dressing, and caring for my children of course but alongside friends it just seems...better! Enough prattle. Here are a few snapshots from our trip thus far:









Joe of course is back home holding down the fort, learning about gyn surgery and studying like a good medical student. He gets to have all the fun. Lucky guy.



*It was grand but not in a good way. I had two crying inconsolable girls on my hands...our friends probably regretted opening their home to us, but they acted like it was completely normal and made us feel completely welcome despite our atrocious behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment