Monday, November 4, 2013

Picnic Lunch

Charlotte: "Ok Hannah, I am packing our lunch. Lets pretend this is our lunch!"



Charlotte: "Ok Hannah. It's time to eat our lunch. We have napkins, pizza and macaroni. You want more?"


Oh Monday mornings how I love you. And my newly created skinny grey cords. I love you too. 

Was the bizarre bathroom picnic the result of under-supervised children while I sewed? Maybe:) But I needed something to wear with my new black boots...
I think these will do nicely. I have a pair of really old khakis I want to attack with my sewing machine next. But they will have to wait for nap time. Because I have two little girls that want to play doll house with their mama. How can I resist that?


Update: A few people have asked me how I transformed my pants. Well HERE is the answer.  I followed Dwija's super easy tutorial. I mean it. It is easy! It only took about 15 minutes to transform old pants into something I love once again. And those kahkis? Skinny already:) I have a pair of jeans that are up for the chopping block next! Have a sewing machine and old pants with some stretch? Give it a try! You won't regret it.

4 comments:

  1. Lol! Love it!!!
    And how did you do the pants? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy! And I added the tutorial that I followed to this post...just for you:) Admittedly I didn't follow the tutorial exactly because my cords have lines in them and I didn't want them to look kiddy-wompus. So I basically sewed two straight lines down from the knee and cut off the extra fabric. It's THAT easy. I promise.

      Seriously you should give it a try!

      Delete