Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dear Spring

Dear Spring,

Thank you for coming. You are my favorite season. I love the signs of new life that pop up everyday. The green blades of grass poking through the dead brown grass. Tiny buds just waiting to bloom on the trees. And bulbs long forgotten reappearing in the dirt. The re-appearance of my kids' soft, smooth arms and legs from beneath all that heavy winter clothing. Oh and the sound of birds singing...beautiful! A warm breeze and sunshine make almost everything better.

You were the season I missed the most while living in the Dominic Republic. You and your promise for long, hot days filled with swimming and fresh fruit with a thick layer of sunscreen:)

But mostly I am glad you are here because I am a better mother when it is warm out. Seriously life with small children is so much easier when you aren't cooped up all day. I play and laugh with my children more when it is nice outside. We go on walks and play at the park. We play bubbles and sidewalk chalk. {Full disclosure: they play sidewalk chalk. I don't. It gives me the heebie jeebies}

So please spring join us here in the Midwest.  Not just in name but in deed too!  Because these temperatures in the 20s and 30s are making me go a little stir crazy. My kids deserve a fun(er), more playful mom!

Sincerely, Me



P.S. I informed Joe the other day that if he can't match us closer to "home" (ie our families) then I would prefer to match somewhere warm! Not that he really has much control over the match process, but a girl can dream:)

No comments:

Post a Comment