Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Road Trip Day 1

"Don't overpack." He said. 

"I won't." I said. 


"Just take the essentials. The bare minimum." He said. 

"I will."  I said


"Don't pack the kids in like sardines." He said. 

"I won't." I said 


And then I filled the van with 3 suitcases, 4 duffel bags, 2 strollers, 3 sleeping bags, 4 pillows, half a dozen backpacks, 2 coolers, 1 booster seat, 3 swim floaties, 1 potty chair, 3 bags of food plus too many miscellaneous items to count! 


I lied. 

But today I'm starting my solo trip cross country with all four kids. To say I'm a little nervous and therefore overpacked is a huge understatement! 

Only 1400 miles to go and the kids and I will be back in Minnesota for the first time in a year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yup, sounds EXACTLY like a conversation Aaron and I would have before a trip like that. Except, I would probably have insisted last minute to pull a trailer of stuff and STILL look like we're packed like sardines inside! So PROPS TO YOU! And drive safe. Can't wait to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to pack minimally with so many little people!

      Delete