Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween

As a mom, I kinda love that Halloween isn't a one day only holiday. Yes I realize that it is in fact only ONE DAY but that doesn't stop everyone from celebrating the entire week leading up to that one day. And we took full advantage this year. 


Fall Festival last Friday night...

Costume day at MOPS on Tuesday...

Trunk or Treating on Wednesday night...
I went as a ghost. Naturally.
An hour and a half of waiting for a ten minute event:(

Dinner out and cookie decorating with Papa & Grandma on Thursday night...

Pumpkin carving every night this past week....because let's be honest here...mommy could only handle one pumpkin each night. While pumpkin carving sounds like a great kid activity in theory. The reality is the kid chooses the design and impatiently demands the parent to execute it to perfection lickety split! So there was NO WAY I was carving three pumpkins with three impatient children all in one night.

We started with "Charlotte's" Hello Kitty pumpkin with a little assistance from Aunt Chelsea...








Then Hannah's spider pumpkin...





She requested a piggy pumpkin. I convinced her a spider would be easier  better:)
I think she likes it!

And finally Isaiah's Lego pumpkin...


Originally he wanted TWO Lego men shaking hands.
Thankfully after a few google image searches
 I was able to talk him down to ONE Lego head.

Let's be clear here, there are many, many reasons why it is hard having Joe gone for 5 weeks. We all miss daddy A LOT every.single.day. But not having our resident pumpkin carver here this past week definitely topped that list for me! Seriously it had been years since I had carved a pumpkin. Pumpkin carving is Joe's job.  I wasn't sure I was up to the challenge. But I didn't really have an option. So I carved. And I was shocked when they actually turned out halfways decent! I mean I am ridiculously proud of these pumpkins. Prouder than I should admit since clearly they are the work of a novice. 


Oh and today is orange & black day at the kids' school. I am a parent volunteer for the jump house party...you better believe I will be wearing my jack o lantern tee proudly! Joe helped me create this costume (before he left town) and I really, really like it. 



And of course tonight the kids and I will be off trekking through the neighborhood in search of candy. LOTS OF CANDY! Hopefully some non-chocolate candies for me. I mean I totally deserve it after all that pumpkin carving, right?! Plus it just wouldn't be a normal pregnancy for me without gaining 40 pounds;) We will look a little something like this...






Unless of course Charlotte changes her mind and decides to wear her Doc McStuffins costume, then we will look like one pumpkin + one black kitty + one black morph man + one Doc McStuffins. All with glo necklaces on. Safety first. Candy second. A very close second.






2 comments: