Thursday, September 25, 2014

Is it Friday yet?!?

I knew today was going to be a loooong day. Waiting for tomorrow to come. For my ultrasound. Waiting to find out who this baby is! I am like a kid on Christmas Eve...and anyone that knows me knows that means incredibly impatient!

What I didn't realize was that this day would feel like an eternity. Between Joe being at the hospital from 7 am until 11 pm and me being at home with a sick child...this day feels like it is never going to end. Seriously. It's a long, somewhat painful day around here. It probably doesn't help that Charlotte started coughing last night (around midnight) and joined us in our already too small full sized bed. Effectively waking us every 30 minutes (or less!) with her coughing/crying fits. Longest night ever. 

Today we are in full survival mode. Cartoons are on...continually. Snacks were placed at toddler level. Tubs of toys pulled out. And lunch today will probably consist of granola bars and string cheese (and Pepsi for me).  Keeping a two year old entertained (and safe!) while caring for a sick and demanding four year old is no easy task. We'll make it though. We always do. 


Despite the extra challenges today has presented me, I still have way too much time to ponder who it is I feel kicking and tumbling around inside my belly. Are you the baby brother your siblings want so badly?! Or are you the baby sister I suspect I am carrying?!

 
In less than 24 hours we should know. Until then I will drive myself bonkers trying to guess based on highly scientific methods like "I am carrying high this time. Just like Isaiah. Must be a boy." Or "I haven't had any acne. Must be another girl." That and I will be refreshing Facebook and Joe's email (looking for interview invites) way too many times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment