Tuesday, March 25, 2014

a crafting haven

Quilt retreat was FABULOUS...

Sewing for days. Eating three meals a day prepared and cleaned up by someone else. Chatting the hours away. Snacking on an endless supply of goodies. Not sleeping enough. All tucked away safe and cozy in the woods without a worry in the world.

I mean if you like that type of thing. Which I DO! It was wonderful. Words won't do it justice so I will just let the pictures speak for themselves.







 [And all of those pictures were just us getting to camp! We shopped and ate our way there. And still managed to fit it all in the Prius on the way back.]










 
 








Even though I was just a lowly scrapbooker, I had such a great time and I am already scheming and dreaming of going back in the fall for more. It felt like I had to move heaven and earth to make the weekend happen but it was worth it! And I think my crazy craft-loving friends would agree...
 
 
I know this little girl loves the pillow I made her at retreat (with the supplies I bought at camp's "Bargain Barn"). BUT that doesn't mean she has forgiven me for leaving her behind for the weekend. She has been quite the stinker since my return. Kicking me during diaper changes, throwing rocks at her sister's face and just generally causing ruckus!


She's a stinker. But I love her:) And she will love the fact that I went away and made her baby book....someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment