Friday, January 11, 2013

Charlotte-isms

The things this girl says just crack me up. Yes sometimes she can drive me to the brink of insanity, but mostly she is hilarious. Unintentionally of course.

How embarrassing! (This is a phrase she uses often and completely out of context She picked it up after over hearing me ask Joe if he thought it would be embarrassing for Isaiah to wear footy jammies to school for PJ day.)

That’s cool……right mom? That’s cool? (This one she is able to use in the right context about 50% of the time. I love it because she checks with me to see if it is cool. Because clearly I am the definition of cool or at least in her 2 year old eyes:)

I don’t know. (This is almost always immediately followed by the correct answer. It is her pat answer to nearly every question. Its like she doesn’t stop to think before she speaks and then she realizes she does know!)

I’m hung-ger-reeee. Then I offer her something to eat…  

Something else. (Ok this one I don’t find too cute or funny. It is extremely frustrating. She is always hungry yet she doesn’t want anything I offer her. I am on this never ending quest for “something else”.)

I want someone to sit on me. (Meaning she wants to sit on Mommy or Daddy’s lap. Mostly when we are eating dinner therefore making actual eating difficult.)

That’s my favorite. That’s not my favorite. (Basically this means “I like it” or “I don’t like it”. It is used many many times each day.)

Or maybe I should have called these “Sarwit-isms” as that is how she pronounces her own name these days.


And now a little vignette from our morning:

The big kids and I were downstairs. Most of us were dressed and fed. They were playing nicely and I was throwing in a load of laundry. Charlotte asked me about Hannah’s whereabouts. I told her that her sister was napping and continued to do the laundry. Until I heard little feet above me! I ran upstairs to find Charlotte talking oh so sweetly to her no longer napping sister. “Hannah’s awake!” she proudly exclaims. Thank you big sister. Charlotte then promptly returns to the basement to play. I foolishly decide to stay upstairs to get dressed and make my bed. That is until I hear Isaiah yell, “MOM. Charlotte dumped the entire bag of chips on the floor and is stomping on them!!!”. Run back down the stairs (baby in hand) to find Charlotte doing just that. With a glint in her eye. She knows what she is doing and she is so proud of herself. Baby is placed on the rug. Charlotte is put in time out. I clean up the chips. And even eat a few off the floor in the process (not my proudest moment). But those chips were supposed to be my breakfast! I know breakfast of champions. Its only 8:30 AM! I am thinking it is going to be “one of those days”. I go to retrieve Charlotte from her room. I ask for an apology. And she apologizes sincerely and manages to melt my heart in the process. “I am sorry momma. I forgive you.” Not quite right, but her heart was in the right place. Okay so maybe it will be a good day after all.

We all eat chips. I drink a Pepsi and we play transformers together on the rug. And the baby is happy despite her interrupted nap. Yep a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment