Friday, April 10, 2015

Yesterday I took all four kids to the eye doctor...during Hannah's nap time! Why I ever thought THAT was a good idea I'll never know. It was two hours of pure torture...eerrrr...I mean being a responsible parent and having my kids' eyes checked. Two hours! At one point Levi's crying during my exam got me so flustered that I was sweating and steaming up the eye checking gadget. So the kind (and EXTREMELY patient!) eye doctor had to check my eyes AGAIN! In the end the kids were given a clean {eye} bill of health. Me and my dilated eyes were not so lucky. It looks like glasses are in my near-sighted future. (Aren't I punny?) Speaking of dilated eyes...now that is a terrible idea!! Dilate a mom's eyes and send her out the door with four kids. Yep. Bad. Bad. Bad. We made it a whopping two blocks down the road before I knew we couldn't go any further. It just wasn't happening. We stopped and my eyes recovered at the new-to-us public library. 



Library for the win! 

The whole experience was exhausting and left me wishing it were bedtime already. Unfortunately it was 3:30 in the afternoon. Womp. Womp. Womp! Seriously though my 21 year old self is laughing at my 31 year old self....because going to the eye doctor wears me out! Sad but true. What's even more sad? Today I am going to the gynecologist ALONE and I'm really looking forward to it. Secretly I hope she's running behind and I have to wait. I might even go wild and pick out glasses afterwards! 

Wild and crazy times be mine! 

Maybe I'll take all the kids to the dentist next month. Maybe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment