Monday, April 20, 2015

The light at the end of (this) tunnel

It snuck up on me. 'It' being the end of medical school. Somehow FOUR YEARS has dwindled down to a mere THREE DAYS. Three little days is all that stands between Joe and his medical degree!!!

It doesn't seem possible. There really is an end. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and we are almost there! Its shining bright these days. I thought this day would never come.

First day of medical school (orientation) - August 2011

And yet it seems to have gone by in the blink of an eye. Okay a really long blink. One in which our family went from four to SIX. And my babies went from...well...babies to school aged kids (and now I have new babies)! And as Joe would say we've gotten older, wiser (him! Not me!) and fluffier (both of us!). I definitely have a few more wrinkles than I did four years ago.

First med school test done celebration - August 2011

Our family - September 2011
I imagine in a few years we'll look back at these med school days and reminisce about the "good old days". But we aren't quite there yet. Right now we are just happy to have these days (almost!) done.

Our Family NOW - April 2015




PS - If anyone would have told me back in 2011 that we would have not one but TWO MORE children during medical school I would have laughed and laughed and laughed at them. Because at the beginning of this med school journey I was sure I was DONE having kids. Ha! Life's funny like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment