Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Saying Goodbye


Tonight we said goodbye to our residency home. The plan was to have a “picnic” in the empty house and reminisce together. However reality is that moving is exhausting. Change is hard. The kids were crabby. And we were all short on patience and kind words. It wasn't exactly the storybook ending I was hoping for. Charlotte did manage to muster up some final words about the house, “I’m glad we got to grow up here”. And with that we called it quits.



Because going from this: 


To this:





Is only magical and easy in pictures. The actual process is somewhat painful and slow when moving with four kids in tow (and a husband that is working seemingly endless hours). I may or may not have thrown an adult sized fit in middle of this entire crazy process. After which I texted my husband and apologized like the mature 34 year old I am. But I also told him I am NEVER moving us again without movers. This is our eleventh move in (almost) 15 years of marriage. I’m done moving. I mean it.


Except I’m not actually done moving. This was just stage 1 of our end of residency move. Currently we are residing in a furnished rental home until the end of residency. We are all adjusting. Including Frankie the tortoise.


In two months (or sooner depending on our house buying process) we will move to East Texas for Joe’s post-residency job. His first big boy job:) But that move HAS to be easier, right? I mean 90% of our stuff is packed and in pods just waiting for our next home. Unloading and unpacking HAS to be better than packing and loading. It just has to be. Because this move was pure torture. Physically and emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment