Tuesday, April 3, 2018

ERx2

Just when I thought we were finally recovering from all the sickness and trips to the doctor Monday happened. A day in which I took two kids to the ER for two separate emergency visits. That was two too many visits for my liking!



The ONLY good part of these ER visits was we got to see daddy on a day that we otherwise wouldn’t have seen him until bedtime. Gotta count your blessings where we can find them! And really Joe and his colleagues took such good care of us. 

Here’s the synopsis of how it all went down. All three big kids went off to school like normal. Mid morning I got a call that Isaiah was having sharp chest pain with breathing. After a few calls/texts between me, Joe and the kids’ pediatrician,  Levi and I went to get him. The three of us went to the ER. Ultrasound revealed an infected but otherwise normal lung. Thank goodness. We head home. Levi, Isaiah and I pick up the girls from school. Back at home I’m starting an early dinner (because Charlotte has dance) and I call the big kids into the kitchen to work on homework. Charlotte makes an extra running lap around the coffee table. She slips and busts her chin open. After a few crazy texts and pictures to Joe we head back into the ER. Me, Charlotte, Isaiah, Hannah & Levi. Mind you the hospital is under construction so the closest parking I could find was on the opposite side of the hospital so we got to parade through the entire hospital before reaching the ER. Just me and my entourage. Charlotte mercifully has stopped screaming “I’m dying! I’m bleeding. Call 911! I’m dying...” by this point. 



And no one did in fact die. We survived. It kicked my butt. But we survived. Oh and I never did make that dinner. We ate McDonalds in the van:)

No comments:

Post a Comment