Sunday, April 1, 2018

A South Texas Easter

For the past two weeks I’ve had a sick kid and I’ve been mostly house-bound due to that. So it felt extra good to get out and celebrate Easter...South Texas style:)

Outside egg hunt with residency friends a couple days before Easter. 















Unfortunately Isaiah was still sick this day and missed the egg hunt. Thankfully his dad was off work that day and able to stay home with him. 


Lightweight summery clothing on Easter Day. No snow boots or tights or even cardigans necessary! Minnesota got lots of snow for Easter this year. 







Hannah wore my Easter dress from childhood. So I present Easter 1988 and Easter 2018: 



She was definitely cuter in it than me! Unfortunately due to sick kids and being stuck at home I never made it to the store to buy Easter hats for me girls. That would have really completed the look!


Cascarones! 



















These confetti filled eggs are a Mexican tradition. One that brings good luck;) I was intending to buy some for our last South Texas Easter but then...sickness. There were a lot of things I was going to do for Easter that just didn’t happen. But then these cascarones found us! They were the table decorations at our Easter potluck with Joe’s grandparents at their RV park. My kids happily collected them after lunch and smashed them on each others’ heads outside! It was fun. I’m glad we snuck this tradition in this year! 



Lastly we spent the rest of Easter swimming and hanging out with the great grandparents at the RV park. 











All in all (despite the sickness) it was a great Easter. I’m always grateful when Joe has a holiday off. Being together as a family is wonderful and not a guarantee around here. We take it when we can and don’t take it for granted. 

And now I’ll end with this adorable Easter bunny picture. Of 3 out of 4 of my kids...because sickness. 



We ran into him at Walmart after our egg hunt while I was buying stuff to fill their Easter baskets. Discretely buying candy and small presents for your kids with your kids...I don’t recommend it! But it was the best I could do. Back to the Easter bunny. It was completely unplanned. But my kids were so excited to see him (and his candy!). They ran from the register for a picture and I followed them...without paying for my full cart. Oops! But it kinda perfectly summed up our Easter this year. Typically I make plans and we visit the Easter bunny. Typically I also buy my kids’ Easter basket stuffings early and without them. This year was anything but typical. But it was still lovely. We were together. And our Savior is still Risen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment