Monday, January 4, 2016

Pallet Art

Sometimes I feel like a character right out of a Laura Numeroff book. You know "If you give a pig a pancake, he'll want some syrup to go with it. Etcetera. Etcetera. Etcetera." Most days I start out with a fairly clear plan or idea of what I need to accomplish. And then I get sidetracked and sidetracked again. Over and over until I hardly remember my original goal. Joe thinks I should keep a written list. So I can stay on task. And I sorta agree with him. But typically I don't get much crossed off these lists. The lists become painful reminders of how little I accomplish with my days. I'd rather not have a visual reminder of that! 

But enough of that. All of THAT was not my main point tonight. I just got a little sidetracked. No pun intended. 

The real story goes a little something like this. Joe has four weeks off a year (which is pretty amazing for a resident!). He took his first week back in September. Much of that week was spent laying sod in our back yard. Lucky guy. This week is his second week off this year (medical years are July through June. NOT calendar years). He has spent it doing exciting things like cleaning out and organizing our garage. Which unearthed a pallet from the sod laying. A pallet I just knew would make beautiful wall art for our extremely undecorated guest bedroom.  And look...


It did! It is now a nearly complete piece of art created entirely by Joe and me. We made that!  Ok. Mostly him. I just stenciled the words on after he made it look beachy and cool AND found the Ralph Waldo Emerson quote. 

My poor husband thought laying sod was just laying sod...but if you give a girl a pallet she's gonna want some art to go with it. Or something like that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment