Saturday, October 21, 2017

TEN Years of Pumpkin Patches

We had an abnormal cool day here in the beginning of October. Cool enough that Levi was able to wear jeans and a sweater ALL DAY. For reference, we are still currently wearing t-shirts and shorts daily. So despite it being a busy day I decided to take advantage of the fall weather and take my crew to the "pumpkin patch" for our annual pumpkin pictures.(I use that term very loosely as it is literally a bunch of pumpkins in a field next to a church on a busy intersection. It lacks all things I typically associate with pumpkin patches but I digress...) And despite the hurried pace and lack of planning it turned out well. The kids had fun. We bought a couple pumpkins. And I got my picture(s)...more or less!





 I LOVE the pumpkins this much too Levi!


Isaiah did NOT want any pictures taken. Yet he gladly jumped into his sisters' picture. 


See what I am saying about the location?
That's a movie theater behind us and across the street is a McDonalds and a gas station. 

But it just wouldn't be fall for me without a pumpkin patch visit. This was our tenth year of visiting the pumpkin patch with our kiddos. Not sure how that decade went by so fast?! I'm hoping that this is our last year at a pitiful "patch". I mean I know we won't be going back to our favorite patch in Wisconsin but certainly our post-residency town will have something better to offer, right?!? Time will tell.



And because I haven't been the best at blogging these last couple years, here is a look back at all our "pumpkin patch" experiences in Texas:

Fall 2015:





Fall 2016:






No comments:

Post a Comment