Saturday, October 28, 2017

Levi's First Haircut

I don't know what it is about this last baby but I seem to be dragging my feet on a lot of things. Like potty training and transitioning to a big boy bed. Neither of which have happened around here for Levi and most definitely had happened by this age for all of his older siblings. Ok. I kinda do know the reason. He's my last baby. And I am in NO hurry for him to grow up. I'll just keep him a baby forever. Kidding...mostly:) Growing up I was always a little annoyed when my mom introduced me as "my baby" but now I GET IT. Levi is most definitely MY BABY. Even if he is almost 3 years old.  Back to those big milestones. The first haircut. I love Levi's silky blonde baby hair so much that I just couldn't get myself to cut it. I mean I trimmed that back a few times. I couldn't let him have a full on mullet. But an actual HAIRCUT nope. Until today. This morning I was looking at his hair and realizing just how ridiculous it looks. 




So much body in the back and completely flat everywhere else. It was time for a change. Time for him to look a little more like a kid and less like a baby. Initially I was thinking I would take him somewhere to cut his hair. You know...like to a professional. But then my desire to be lazy and stay in my pjs all day won out. And I set up this little DIY haircut station in the living room and turned on Paw Patrols on our TV for this Paw Patrol obsessee and got to work...


And I think it turned out alright if I do say so myself! I mean obviously I am biased.




Its painful smiling for the camera when your favorite show is on! Also 33 months seems like the perfect age for a first haircut. We wouldn't want to rush these things. 



No comments:

Post a Comment