Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Mom mobile

Looky. Looky. I got a new van!!! Ok. Not a brand new van. But new to me. 



I've only been dreaming about this day for the last 1,882 days. And yes it's just as wonderful as I thought it would be!!! 

The car salesman told me before I drove it off the lot tonight that "it's basically like driving your couch" which I thought was perfect since I like to live out of my vehicles. I think me and this van are going to get along quite nicely. And if all goes well I hope this a long term relationship. I know I'm committed. Call me crazy but I can (almost) picture myself dropping my kids off at college in this van. It's only 7 years away...


Ok. But back to the present because my heart can hardly handle the idea of my babies in college. I'm not gonna lie I'm feeling pretty fancy in this new ride of mine with its leather seats and back-up camera and all sorts of other bells and whistles that I have NO idea how to use yet. But more than that I'm extremely grateful for a vehicle that isn't falling apart. The doors don't crumble when my children touch them. And the drivers side mirror isn't duck taped on. The engine doesn't shudder or quit when I'm idling. And the radio works. It stays on the station of my choosing instead of changing at random (that was extra fun during our 5,000 mile road trip. Not!!!). And so far all the doors open and close correctly. All of which feels extremely luxurious to me. I feel safe and well cared for in this van. It might just be my new happy place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment