Monday, February 29, 2016

Oh Monday morning...

Why do you come around so often? And so fast? And so painfully? 

In theory I've had a fairly successful Monday morning. As far as Monday mornings go:) I've gotten four kids up, fed and dressed. Two of those kids were delivered to school safely with all their school related stuff in tow. I myself am dressed and fed. I've even washed the kitchen floor and unloaded the dishwasher. I scrubbed the kids' bathroom floor and toilet. I put clean laundry away and I'm thinking about starting another load...


But here's the real story. Two of those kids were out of bed and watching cartoons looooong before my eyes were even open this morning. And I drove those kids to school in my pjs...without brushing my teeth or hair! One kid was on time. The other was on time-ish (meaning after the bell rang but before the official tardy time). The baby had his second breakfast like a proper one year old in the high chair while I unloaded the dishwasher. Only after 90% of the dishes were put away did I realize I had just emptied the DIRTY dishwasher! Quickly I remedied my wrong and collected all the dirty dishes and started washing them by hand. This is when Levi decided to serve himself his third breakfast....


So began the cleaning the floor process. Sweeping. And scrubbing. (It was long overdue anyways!) Followed by scrubbing and dressing the baby. But before I could dress the baby I had to put away the clean laundry from the weekend. Which scarily enough only contained three pairs of kid underwear. No I don't do laundry daily! Just once a week in fact. Yes that's three pairs TOTAL for all my underwear wearing children. More specifically one child had zero pairs, another had one pair and another had two pairs. I shall not name names. But oh my goodness! Meanwhile as I was putting the laundry away and contemplating all the ways I've obviously failed as a mother Hannah had "a small accident" in the bathroom. She kindly  "cleaned" up the mess and got herself a new outfit. So thoughtful:) Hence began my bathroom scrubbing efforts. (Also long overdue!) Also the reason I considered starting another load of laundry but hunger won...

So at 10:51 AM I put the baby back in his high chair for a fourth and final breakfast so I could finally eat my cold, gelatinous oatmeal for.... brunch. Levi used this opportunity to smear banana all over himself and the high chair. His grand finale being flinging smashed banana and soggy Cheerios on my previously clean floor! At the same time Hannah started asking for lunch...

Oh Monday morning you got me good! 
Happy Leap Day. 



PS Completely unrelated but Joe started his OB rotation this morning...and I keep hoping he will text me with news of a Leap Day birth...so far nothing:(

3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post. You "reframed" your Monday morning beautifully! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post to read. The love you have for your family just exudes right from the screen when I read this. You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful and loving family, do not ever forget that. The pics you posted were adorable too, such cute kids.

    Alison Norman @ Power Boss

    ReplyDelete