Friday, March 9, 2018

Selling Our Residency House.

1,001 days ago we moved into this house. And slowly but surely we made it home.



Today we put it on the market to sell.

So many mixed emotions with selling this house. I snapped some pictures with my phone right before the professional photographer came to photograph our house. I posted those pictures on instagram along with my thoughts in that moment. Instead of trying to say it all over again I am going to just copy & paste from Instagram....



"1,001 days ago was my first time seeing this house in person. And oh boy did it need help/work (see the last picture). I’ve had a love-hate relationship with this house ever since. Making this house into a home wasn’t easy. But gosh I love it now! And now we are selling it. Our home went on the market today.  It will be sad to say goodbye to this house. A house that has seen us stretch and grow and strengthen as a family. A house where we learned we could do hard things. And not just home renovation hard things 😜. This house has been our refuge and gathering place for family and friends-that-have-become-like-family. So many play dates and impromptu get togethers. Out of town guests and sandy floors from days spent at the beach. These pictures might be just a house but I see the people that have filled it with love and laughter and great memories. People that have carried me through some long residency days/weeks/months. How do you put a price on that?"












To answer my own rhetorical question. You don't. That's why we hired a realtor. We leave that up to him. A year ago I thought this would be a really happy and exciting day. Instead it feels sad. The beginning of the end. I haven't always loved this house or this life here. But I love what we've made of it - both this house and this life. I'm going to miss them.

I just hope someone else will discover this house for the real gem that it is and make a life they love in this home.

Our kitchen the day we bought the house. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment