Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Christmas Tree Decorating 2015




This long awaited (by me!) video was completed compliments of Joe's "golden weekend". A golden weekend is when the resident has the entire weekend off. Both Saturday and Sunday. This is a rarity in residency. Especially in EM. Before residency began I had heard of these goldens, but I didn't fully grasp how wonderful and truly golden they are until I experienced a handful of them myself. A couple weekends ago Joe had a deluxe golden weekend. He had Friday, Saturday and Sunday off!!! We took full advantage. Or maybe just I took full advantage. Friday I got a pedicure with a friend. That is something I have only done only one other time during residency. It was a real treat! Then that evening we took the kids to see Santa. The next day we set up our tree and just enjoyed a day at home until the evening when Joe and I attended our church Christmas party (without kids!).  Joe having Sunday off was an extra pleasant surprise for me because I had assumed he had to work. Going to church together as family...such a simple thing that I miss and greatly appreciate when it does happen! We were just a regular family doing regular family stuff all weekend. It was delightful! And then Joe put this video together for me. It was like the icing on the cake. And I can't stop watching it because sweet baby Levi crawling around our house is THE BEST. Gosh I miss the baby days.


No comments:

Post a Comment