Wednesday, May 30, 2018

ROLL(ersk8)ING into 35!


Last night my friends and family made a childhood dream of mine come true...


By joining me at Skateland for a rollerskating birthday party!!! It was awesome. Very nostalgic for this 90s kid. Tuesday night cheapskate has never been so fun.


I will admit that I felt pretty lame planning my own party and buying all the party supplies. But I guess that's just life as a middle age-ish adult. I sent Joe a picture of the cookie cake from the grocery store as I was buying it. His response was "You are buying your own cake and you put those numbers on it?" For a second I panicked thinking I had the wrong age. Maybe I wasn't really turning 35?? But nope I am indeed 35. Joe just thought I would be embarrassed to admit to my age.



Not embarrassed at all. 35 is looking pretty good right now. I've got 4 amazing kids. Great friends. A loving and supportive extended family. And a rockstar husband who is *almost* done with residency and a very exciting move in the near future. Nothing to hide. Just lots to celebrate!




I was quite impressed with Grandma Donna's roller-skating skills! As were her granddaughters. They loved skating with her.



This girl made sure to tell the DJ that it was my birthday so I got a shout out from him. She's a good friend like that! I did NOT get to ride in the giant roller skate like the birthday children but I sill had fun:)




My birthday gifts were VERY state themed. A Minnesota cutting board and a "Howdy Y'all" inside of Texas cup. And I love them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment