Monday, January 29, 2018

The LAST day with a two year old.

This morning when Levi got out of bed the first thing Grandpa Paul said to him was, "Levi today is your last day as a two year old". And suddenly, just like that our ordinary Monday morning turned into something much more monumental. Something that needed to be recorded. Documented. Sealed in my memory forever. My last day having a two year old in my home. EVER. Ready or not this day was here. So I was going to record it.

As luck would have it we had a fairly fun Monday morning planned. Mommy & Me exercise class down by the beach followed by a MOPS playdate at the aquarium. So all in all, not a bad day to document! And Levi was a fairly willing participant in my "must photograph every moment" mission.








He's a Texan through and through. As we were leaving for our morning of fun he told me "Mama I'm freezing. I need my mittens" and insisted I went back into the house for said mittens. It was 58 and sunny! Oh and that sweater remained on him until it was a solid 70 degrees outside. 















Highlights of our day include for me: watching Levi watch the dolphins with pure joy radiating throughout his entire body, enjoying the sunshine and beautiful ocean-front views, and Levi keeping his undies dry all morning while out and about. And for Levi his favorites included feeding the sting ray (he thinks the sting ray was trying to eat his hand!), watching the 4D movie and watching the "baby, mommy and daddy fish" swim (ie dolphins).






Levi is such a fun and joyful addition to our family. I can hardly believe he's been ours for 3 years (tomorrow)! And yet at the same time I can barely remember our life without him! He lights up our family and lives. God knew exactly what he was doing when he gave us this kid. Our bubba.


No comments:

Post a Comment