Saturday, February 11, 2017

Seven Quick Takes, round 5

Linking up HERE


1. I was at Zumba the other day (wearing Levi of course) and I went to pay with cash. Levi pointed to the money and matter-of-factly stated "Daddy's!" I would have agreed with him...except...it was HIS birthday money. Ha! Joke is on you kid:) 




2. After all of his siblings were in bed Isaiah was laying in the living room reading a book alongside me when I noticed this.... 


Yikes! His feet are almost as big as mine! For the millionth time since becoming a parent I ask "how did THAT happen?!? And shouldn't he still be a baby?"

3. Joe recently texted me this picture...


And I was immediately horrified by how much older I currently look! Because that picture was taken on our 10th wedding anniversary...only 3.5 years ago!!! I blame medical school and residency. It has seriously aged me. 

4. That picture might have sent me into a mini mid-life crisis which resulted in me purchasing some ridiculously expensive face lotion from my friend's aesthetician. I can't even admit to how much I spent on ONE OUNCE of cream. And now when I'm getting ready for the day Joe likes to ask me what's taking me so long and his favorite line is "What are you doing in there? Getting younger?" I wish!

5. I like to believe I used this life crisis for good though. It inspired me to purchase face wash and sunscreen for my kids to use every morning. And to make it easily accessible and presentable I bought two plain soap dispensers, put cute labels on them and filled them up. Now they are sitting on my kids' bathroom counter just begging to be used! So even if I can't un-do all my years of abusing my skin at least I can help prevent their skin damage. Hopefully. 


6. I already knew Charlotte is my sister's (personality) clone. But yesterday after our homeschool co-op Valentine's party when Charlotte had all her Valentine's sorted and organized (and papers thrown away) within 30 minutes of getting home it was confirmed. And if that wasn't enough Charlotte was telling my mom about her two imaginary friends that apparently live in our bathroom! (Who knew?!) One is a girl named Anna and the other is a boy who is a ghost (because otherwise that would be inappropriate!). According to Charlotte she tells them "what I've done today each and every time I go in the bathroom". Which sounds EXACTLY like my sister as a child! 


7. A few days ago my mom, Joe and I were sitting at the kitchen table. My mom and I were eating lunch. Joe was doing NOTHING. I'm not even exaggerating. He was just sitting there. Meanwhile Levi was trying to take Hannah's toy and Hannah did NOT want to share. So she took off running and yelling "Mom HELP! Bubba attack!!!" She was yelling this running circles around us. When I didn't respond she informed me that I was NOT acting like a mom because I wasn't helping her like a mom should! She was seriously frustrated with me. Meanwhile I'm wondering why Joe isn't being accused of bad parenting because he was sitting there doing NOTHING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment