Sunday, January 1, 2017

Hello 2017

I love New Year's Eve! I always have for as long as I can remember. I love the anticipation and excitement. The countdown and the throwing of confetti! The new year and fresh start. And last night was no exception. My NYE excitement wasn't even dampened by the fact that Joe was working a 12 hour shift or that we counted down to the "New Year" at 8pm and we were all in bed well before midnight. It was Joe and I's EIGHTEENTH New Year's Eve celebration together. 18. Gosh that's a lot! He made it in time for the countdown after work. And we partied! Ok we kid partied. But still it was fun:)



And then this morning happened....

I woke up in an empty bed. Joe was already back at the hospital. To the sound of kids arguing. And Cheerios spread across all the couch pillows and a bowl of soggy fruit loops spilled on the floor. A toddler that decided today was the day he would learn to climb out of his crib. A sink full of dirty dishes. Three loads of laundry waiting to be folded. And two more hanging on the line - soaking wet from the rain. Suddenly the day wasn't feeling so new and fresh. All that excitement and anticipation was gone. It was just another day. Another day with a new number at the end of it. 

Cheers to 2017...kinda sorta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment